This section presents a selected range of standards Furntech-AFRDI is currently either involved in the development of, or, involved in the process of the adoption/adaptation of as Australian Standards.
Every comment received will be seriously considered - your assistance is necessary to make these standards worthwhile and workable. The following standards are under consideration:
- A Rated Load standard for fixed height chairs (AFRDI 151) has been released.
- AS/NZS 3813:1998 Plastic monobloc chairs. Standards Australia have accepted a proposal to review this Standard and the project is well underway. Committee Draft 7 of the Standard was fully reviewed at the March meeting. Confirmation testing of proposed changes is currently taking place. A draft for public comment is expected by October/November 2013.
- AS/NZS 4386.1 and .2:1996 Domestic kitchen assemblies. Standards Australia have accepted a proposal to review these Standards. The first meeting of the BD089 committee was held on 28 August. The plan - at this point - involves merging AS/NZS 4386 parts 1 and 2.
- The ACCC are working on a Regulatory Impact Statement (RIS) with a view to amending the bunk bed CPN.
- AS/NZS 2172:2013 Cots for household use has been released. The drop side, drop side mechanism and side bar strength and durability tests have been modified (made more severe).
- AS/NZS 8811.1:2013 Methods of testing infant products - Sleep surfaces - Test for firmness has been released. This is a new Standard, which is referenced as a requirement in the new release of the cot Standard (AS/NZS 2172:2013) mentioned above.